Sooner or later there will come a time when you need to hire a heating and air conditioning ventilation company, but you don't want to hire the first contractor you come across. You want to only do business with the best contractor, but finding one is a bit more difficult than you think. Don't worry though because you've come to the right place.
This complete guide will provide you with tips and advice on finding and hiring the best hvac companies near me in Pinellas County. It'll also tell you about the benefits of using local hvac company near you and when you should start looking for an air conditioning service. With that said, continue to read on to find out more about air conditioning contractors in your area, the benefits of using the best one and other useful information.
Guide To Finding The Best Air Conditioning Service Near Clearwater FL
Generally speaking, you want to find several contractors in the Clearwater Florida and then dig a bit deeper. How do you do that? This is easier than you think and the below tips and advice will help you. This includes:
1. How To Find The Best Contractors- The first thing you need to do is know where to look for the best hvac company. Generally speaking, the main ways include the internet, phone book or asking for referrals. Asking referrals isn't really the best way and neither is using the phone book.
Using the internet is far easier and much more convenient. Within minutes you can pull up dozens and dozens of air conditioning contractors in your area. Simply search Google or your favorite search engine for "HVAC contractors near me" and then you can start browsing each contractor's website.
Here's a tip, always look at the first 10-12 pages of the search results. Some of the best hvac companies' websites may very well be deeper in the search results. Don't automatically assume that every single contractor on the first page is the best.
2. Services Offered- When you have gathered a list of air conditioning contractors that serve your area, you'll want to find out what services they offer. Not all HVAC contractors provide the same services. You don't want to end up hiring a contractor, only to learn they can't actually do the job you wanted them for.
Take a look at each contractor's website and look at their service section. Are they a full-service HVAC company or do they offer limited services? Ideally, you want to hire an HVAC company that is able to handle all types of jobs. Whether it's an ac repair, installations, residential services or commercial services, they should be able to do the job you need them for.
Even if you don't need one of the services they offer, it's still a good idea to use them. This is because there may come another time when you do require those services. Remember, it's always better to be prepared when it comes to your heating and air conditioning system.
3. Experience- Without a doubt, experience ranks among the top things to look for in an HVAC company. When researching hvac companies in the area, find out how much experience they have. For starters, most companies will mention the number of years they've been in the industry for or they'll tell you the combined years of experience the entire company has. This is fine, but it's not the only indicator of experience.
An even better indicator is the number of clients they have served throughout the last few years or since they've launched. What's even better than that is the number of people's HVAC systems they've worked on within the last year alone. Ask a contractor questions about those and then you can decide whether or not they have sufficient experience to handle the job you want to hire them for.
4. Tools & Equipment- The top air conditioning contractors will use the best equipment, regardless if they serve residential and/or commercial clients. If you can't find information about the equipment the contractors use via their website, then call them directly or send them over an email. Any equipment and tools that are used should be of high quality because low quality, low grade equipment will not be good enough to do the job.
If a contractor doesn't want to tell you about the tools or equipment they use, then this is a red flag. If the equipment used is older, then they should be well-maintained. Generally speaking, the best companies know the importance of using quality tools and equipment and they replace them as needed, but nonetheless you still should research what type of equipment and tools the contractors you're researching uses.
5. Licensed & Insured- Next, you want to make sure the contractors you're about to hire are license and insured. Never hire an HVAC contractor who isn't licensed because it means they have not completed required training. Also, their license should be up to date because they are required to do this. The contractor's website should mention whether or not they are licensed.
Also, insurance is important too. If a contractor isn't insured, then don't use them because if they make a mistake while working on your HVAC system or someone gets injured while installing your system, then you could be in for a nightmare. In fact, you could very well end up being liable for damages, injuries and the costs associated with correcting the mistake.
The bottom line is any reputable HVAC contractor in Clearwater FL will be licensed and insured. If they have an issue telling you they have insurance and that they are license, then do not hire them. This is a huge red flag that could cost you in more ways than one if you hire them anyways.
6. Read Reviews- Part of your research when trying to find and hire the top contractors near me is reading reviews. There are many third-party websites out there that have verify reviews. Check out a few of these sites to look for reviews about hvac company. Make sure the review sites you use verify their reviews.
In the reviews, look for things such as overall satisfaction with the services that the contractors were hired to provide. Pay attention for recurring themes, both positive themes and negative. For example, if multiple reviews mention how they were overcharged for a service, then there's a good chance that this is true, otherwise if only one person out of many said this, then it's likely a difficult customer.
On that note, don't take reviews as the holy grail. Reviews are important, but they shouldn't be your main deciding factor in hiring a company. Many negative reviews aren't justifiable, so make sure to keep this in mind.
7. Emergency Services- Although you might not need emergency services now, you might in the future. When choosing a contractor, you want to make sure they provide emergency HVAC services. That way when the time comes when you experience an emergency with your heating and air conditioning system, you'll already know who to turn to.
There are many benefits of receiving emergency services from the best HVAC contractor near you. For starters, you'll receive a quick fix in the event your HVAC system has broken down. You'll receive peace of mind too because you know you can receive emergency services after making a phone call.
Additionally, you want to learn what emergency services entail. A good HVAC company offers emergency services around the clock. If a company only offers emergency services certain days of the week, then this isn't really true emergency services.
8. Warranty- Another important thing to look for when comparing hvac companies near you are their warranties. In fact, you want to make sure they actually offer a warranty on the work they do and on the parts they use. Believe it or not, there are air conditioning contractors that don't provide you with a warranty, and you want to stay away from companies that don't. There's nothing worse than having a new system installed or a current one fixed, only for something to go wrong with it a week or two later.
If a contractor covers their work with a warranty, then understand what is exactly covered. Is a deductible required or will you not have to pay anything if you have to use the warranty? Find this out too because you don't want to be hit with surprised charges.
9. Request Estimates- Now you'll want to request estimates from each contractor, but keep in mind that the cheapest HVAC contractor might not be the greatest choice. The same goes for the contractor who is charging far more than the other ones you're researching. Generally speaking, you should be confident that the contractor will do the most profesional job and is someone you can have an ongoing working relationship with because this will save the aggravation of researching HVAC contractors all over again.
When you receive your estimates, what does the prices include? Try to get a good idea of what is exactly included. You don't want to be stuck paying out a ton of money you didn't expect to spend.
10. Ask About Special Offers- Finally, ask about special offers because this can save you money. Not all HVAC companies have special offers or sales going on, but it doesn't hurt to ask them. Most companies that do have offers will mention it on their website, otherwise you can call them and ask them directly what kind of deals they have.
Here's a tip, if you find a special offer, then contact another air conditioning service in your area. Tell them about the offer you found. The top hvac company near me will likely match the offer and/or throw something else of value to sweeten the deal, so you choose to do business with them and not their competitor.
Those 10 tips can help you find the top HVAC contractors. There are many other things you can do. However, the above is a great starting point.
Hiring The Best Air Conditioning Contractors Near Me
It's tempting to choose the cheapest and least experienced company. However, there are many benefits of using the top HVAC contractors. The top benefits include:
1. Work Done The Right Way- You will receive peace of mind knowing the job will be done right the first time around. A bad HVAC contractor will have no problems performing a shoddy job, whether it's a simple ac repair, complex ac repair, a new installation in a new building or replacing an older unit. The best HVAC contractor on the other hand will take their job serious and they work hard to ensure their clients are satisfied with their work. If you want your HVAC worked on or you want a new unit installed, then always take the time to hire the greatest HVAC contractor near you.
2. Response Time- Another benefit of using the best HVAC contractor is their response time. The right company understands the importance of taking care of an HVAC system or installing a new one or anything else related to what their prospective clients want, which is why they make response time a priority. When you use a good company, then they will schedule you in as soon as they can.
If an HVAC professional can't come out to your property until a few weeks down the road, then this is a bad sign and it shows they don't take response time seriously. You have a lot of things to do, and the top companies know this. They respect their clients' and prospective clients' schedule, so if you don't get that vibe from the contractors you're researching, then don't hire them.
3. General Inspections- hvac companies can perform general inspections on your HVAC system, and that is another benefit of hiring the greatest companies that provide HVAC services. A general inspection can ensure your system is running smoothly and running properly. The last thing you want is to be surprised with a massive issue with your HVAC system, but a contractor can spot small issues that could potentially turn into something much bigger. They will take action, that way you don't have to worry about spending a lot of cash on an even bigger issue later down the road.
4. Maintain A Unit- Another benefit is being able to maintain your current unit. All HVAC systems require general maintenance, and your local contractor will perform maintenance. Just like all machinery, HVAC system greatly benefit from regular maintenance.
The best HVAC contractors near you can perform a monthly, yearly or bi-monthly maintenance services. Do bear in mind that different systems require different levels of maintenance. A good contractor will let you know how often maintenance should be performed on your system.
5. Install A More Efficient System- One of the great things about using the top HVAC contractor is they can install a brand new system that is more energy efficient. This means you can save a considerable amount of money as time goes by because your system won't be using as much energy as your older system. Even if you've only had your current HVAC system for a few years, there may be a newer and better system out there.
The best air conditioning service near me will tell you whether or not they can install a more efficient system. If they can't, then they'll let you know. Nonetheless, you should contact a contractor and ask them to look at your system and then tell you if there is a better system. The benefit of using only the top is they will be honest with you and won't just try to sell you a system because you expressed an interest.
6. Build An Ongoing Relationship- The last benefit is you will be able to have an ongoing working relationship with the best HVAC contractor, once you find them. This means there's no need to do research when the time comes to hire an air conditioning service because you'll already know who you can turn to. Best of all, the HVAC contractors are trustworthy and reliable, so there's no need to get stressed out when the time comes for you to use their services. You'll be able to pick the phone up, make a phone call and then wait for them to arrive to take care of your heating and air conditioning system.
Those are the key benefits of using the best HVAC contractors. You'll have peace of mind when you find the right HVAC contractor. This is why it's important to do your research.
How To Start Your Search for AC Repair
Do you know when to start your search for HVAC companies? The sooner you do it, the better. That being said, here are a few examples of when you should contact an HVAC contractor:
1. Installations- When was the last time you replaced your heating and air conditioning system because if it's been decades, then you are due for a brand new one. There's a good chance your system is not running nearly as good as it once was. This could be due to general wear and tear and old age. If you can't remember how long it's been, then contact a professional.
An expert will go over what your options are and they will recommend what HVAC system you should get. Times have changed and HVAC systems have also changed. This means there are more options than you probably realize. The bottom line is when you want a new HVAC system or think you need one, then it's time to start searching for an HVAC contractor near you.
2. AC Repair- If you suspect that your HVAC system needs to be repaired, then don't hesitate to start searching for the most trusted HVAC contractors that serve your area. It's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your heating and cooling system. An HVAC company will send out a tech, who will get to the bottom of the problem and then they will make the necessary repairs.
Many things can go wrong with an HVAC system. This includes a busted motor, loose connections or the engine has blown. These are only a few examples, but don't worry because the best HVAC company will be able to repair your system. If they can't, then they can install a new one.
3. Rising Energy Bills- Are your energy bills skyrocketing and you have no clue? Do you suspect your heat and cooling system is responsible? If so, contact an HVAC professional and they can give you an idea of whether or not your HVAC system is behind the rising energy costs.
4. Before You Even Need One- That's right, it's a good idea to research HVAC contractors before you even need one. You have to take a lot of time to look for a contractor if you're serious about finding the right contractor for the job. If you wait until you actually need one, then it's easy to hire the very first HVAC technician you come across, and they may not be the best one to use.
Do your research on contractors well before you need one. When you find the best ones, then save their contact info. This will save you a lot of time in the future.
Finding the best air conditioning service near me is easy when you know what to look for and how to go about it. As you can see, it is extremely important to find and choose the right contractor. The last thing you want is a shoddy job performed on your HVAC system or end up with a system that is not of high quality.
When you choose the best HVAC contractor in your area, you'll enjoy the many benefits that come along with it. This includes the benefits previously discussed. With that said, all you have to do now is keep the above guide in mind and start searching for HVAC contractors in your area.